Tuesday 8 May 2012

One month to go

My three year old is on the couch.  He'd been put to bed 10 minutes earlier, tucked in tight, warm milk and a kiss.   This had lasted long enough for me to sit down with a cuppa and blanket also tucked in tightly.  He is now looking at me from the couch while crunching on lolly-pop left overs, I should be over there quick as a flash removing the sticky mess and straight back to bed for him.  I'm not, obviously, I'm here writing.  
My husband works away, I usually do not bring it up  however he's supposed to be there now on that couch looking at me.  We were supposed to have one more night together before he's three am departure for four weeks.  We've been robbed of twelve precious hours together and it's a shock to my system. I miss him.  So it's time to keep busy, the first few hours are the hardest.  My girls had tears in their eyes today saying goodbye to daddy and tomorrow my son will call out excitedly to dad before realizing  that he's not here and that he misses him.  I will feel lonely and hope that he's okay without his family.  One week of keeping busy  and time will heal, daily life will take over and before we know it one week to go! xx

2 comments:

  1. Oh I have tears in my eyes now!
    Keep blogging love! You have a beautiful way with words xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I froze with fear once I'd realized you had read that! Although your comments gave me a big warm smile, thank-you and I will keep trying. xx

    ReplyDelete