Monday 17 December 2012

Today I was great-full for a wonderful weekend....
I thanked my children for getting ready so well this morning......
I told my girls how beautiful they are.....
I made Christmas tree shaped cheese and biscuits......
I went for a walk with my husband and son and we bumped unexpectedly into numerous friends that we otherwise may not of caught up with before Christmas.....
I held my son tightly and kissed him each time I got him out of the car....
I got my children a cup of milk and snack before they asked.....
I was extra patient and calm today....
I read to my children two extra books this evening.....
Last night while driving home quiet late from Ocean Grove a car that was speeding and overtaking on a bend narrowly missed us.....head on.
In the previous town i'd slowed down a little to show the kids the lights, if I'd not done this I'd hate to think what could of happened to my family.....
After we were safe I honked my horn, we didn't need to swerve of the road or anything , but I can still just see the headlights in our eyes.
Thankfully a few moments later we had to stop for a train...I held my husbands hand, tears wanting to fall, I looked back at my children, safely asleep....what if? was all I could think, I thought of my family and the loved ones we'd just kissed goodbye ....what if....?
Thank you for looking out for us and protecting us...I wish everyone especially the young could be guaranteed safety and protection....but they cannot...our hearts break and we sob why? Tonight i am thinking of the many precious young souls and those brave heroes who were taken from their families.




No comments:

Post a Comment