Tuesday 24 July 2012

Shake things up a bit

Morning all!  The days are getting slightly warmer and we've even seen the sun for a moment or two recently.  One cannot help but think of sunny happy days ahead where lifestyle turns to outdoors, bare feet and sun kissed cheeks. Oh I cannot wait, have recently begun feeling a bit of cabin fever, I feel as though we are watching to much t.v, we need to get outside for an entire day and play and play and play.  I'm also over colds and such bugs....yuck!!! so over it although I have noticed this month that bugs are short lived, our immune systems are finally gaining some strength.
Earlier this week I was reading Planning with Kids  Nicole gave an overview of her routine during the week, I love getting insight into other women's days how do they manage? What do they let slip from time to time? Which are the main priorities within that household and most importantly I always come out with a handy tip or two.  The thing that stood out for me in this blog was that playtime with the children was included, it's obviously an important part of the day and one that I sometimes find tricky to include each day.  So after reading this blog I felt inspired and changed things around in my routine, we usually have play time in the arvo and usually its after the cleaning or a busy day out of the house and before cooking dinner and bathtime, looking back now I'm thinking "der Jodes!!!, tired, busy, hungry time of day!!!" what was I thinking???  So last week we changed things, after breaky and clean up we played (it worked out well as Little Bear was recovering from a bug and we weren't planning on being anywhere all day) It happened naturally actually the children were asking for me to join in and so we built towers and Mr Spaghetti the dinosaur knocked them over, we built leggo houses and castles and after an hour or so I set up a little doctors bag with bandages and syringes etc and the children went on to play nurses while I began on the house work.  I couldn't believe the calm through out the house everyone happy and satisfied, and in giving the children the full attention for that hour they were content on letting me do my thing for an hour before lunch.  After lunch we made muffins together as a yummy treat.  The girls made rasberry and chocolate (cocoa) and Mr Spaghetti and I made Date and Sultana, all without sugar and packed with oats, almond meal and chia seeds, a drizzle of Maple Syrup before putting them in the oven and fingers crossed.  Wow, these were great!!! I am still getting use to this old oven and create more disasters than wholesome goodness in the cake department, but these worked a treat I forgot to mention we used Jalna Vanilla yogurt (no sugar) also and it gave them a lovely moist texture. MMmm mmmm, we were very proud.
So what is on for today, well you wouldn't believe it Little Bear and I came down with sore throats last night and Little Bear a temp also, so today another day at home no ballet or kinder.  A light  lunch lots of fruit and I think a bush walk afterwards.  We fed the kookaburras on Sunday it looks as if they're building a nest in a tree at the front of our house we shall take the binoculars out with us for a closer look.  And a bit of house cleaning ....of course.
I went for a 4km run with Mr Spaghetti in the pusher yesterday, my leg felt great and I noticed myself smiling half way through.  It felt so wonderful,  a beautiful day at the lake, still and misty and not as cold as previous mornings and Mr Spaghetti and I were just happy.....Such a lovely way to be and jogging 4kms I had time to enjoy it,  a lovely distraction for the hard work of my legs and lungs!!
I hope you all out there are enjoying your happy days and if your missing out on them lately hang in there and  perhaps shake things up a bit.  x

No comments:

Post a Comment