Monday 13 August 2012

Our Home

In our home on any day you may find;
There's drawings on the walls, and children being kind;
There's yoghurt in our hair and of course a bear in there.
There's a blanket cubbyhouse and cushions on the floor;
There's coffee on the stove and a knock at the door.
My beautiful son yelling frustratedly at me; "I'm able! To do it myself don't you see and I really don't mind if it bothers you and me!"
There's most likely noise and singing and  laughter, although sometimes there's roaring and a guilty mama after;
 And so I cry on the phone to my husband in Perth so supportive and loving every cent he is worth.
There's hopefully music playing and bottoms wriggling to the beat,
And me dreaming of the summertime oh I miss the heat.
There's wood on the fire and washing on the line;
 There's dishes in the sink and never enough time;
There's lifes little messes and toys all around and so many delightful moments waiting to be found.
Life is what you make it that is what they say, a home is where the heart is.... Have a happy day. x

No comments:

Post a Comment