Sunday 19 August 2012

Sunday thoughts...

All is peaceful all is calm. The house is empty at this point in time.  The children are with Ben (hubby) taking Cooper my step-son home to Geelong after a lovely, noisy, excited weekend with us.  I love having a full house.  The noise and the mess don't worry me for temporary catch-ups with friends or family, it's messy love... So Ben is taking them out to lunch and then to the park by the bay, it will be warmer there and I wish I was with them although we don't all fit in the car and the solitude is so so so lovely for a while, Ben knows that I need it and this memory for the children of them with daddy on this fun day running around at the park by the bay full of freedom, fresh sea air and daddy, will be a happy one that they will remember forever....
 I'm feeling tugged at times when Bens home, I want to spend every moment with him and the children, however I also need to rejuvenate, I really do need some down time and some private time with my beautiful husband.  Saturday night I'd organised a double date night with good friends of ours, we were so excited babysitters organised, outfits chosen and then Miss S, 'oh dear' became ill....poor bubba, poor mama and papa.  Not to worry ! We've had a lovely weekend, some moments to ourselves, Miss S is fully recovered and everyone is happy.  Good food, snuggles and cuddles, laughs and dreams and some wet, cold days.  Winter will not last forever I am telling myself....
Friday I registered for the 6km Ballarat fun run and the following day caught up with a group of social runners.  Running without the pusher I surprised myself completely and am now mentally prepared to train for the 12km run instead.  I'm so proud and excited and hooked on running, the mental challenge, the physical challenge and the tight butt!!  Ben and I have a bet actually, we are both going to run and first to finish between us gets either a fishing charter or a day at the spa!!!  I've got this in the bag for sure!!!  I'ts our own little challenge...together...I'ts already so much fun and it will entertain us even while we're apart.  I'm so proud of my darling for setting this up and even though I laugh at him and my own jokes (I honestly am soo funny!!)  to much, I love him to pieces, he's so supportive and romantic and knows me so well, we are so different, complete opposites and sometimes that is hard, but we're good at getting through "stuff" and he laughs at my jokes and me his.  I get  scared that one of us will leave this world to soon, so again take note and enjoy the little things!!!! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment