Monday 29 October 2012

Crutches and happy thoughts.....

Sitting here this afternoon watching my children and our friends children play happily, I'm feeling blessed and content.  Conversations between adults coming and going, both fireplaces burning, pork roasting on the Webber.
This was a snap shot of our home last week after my friend and my 11km Fun run experience.  (my first of many, hopefully).  I ran it in 55mins, I crossed the line number 341 out of approx 870 participants.  However I hurt my leg in the last 100mt and hopped aided over the line.  I've been to physio for the second time  and not much has improved  and so a bone scan is next on the cards. I'm very keen to get back on my feet and today I started thinking about running and am missing it and a little worried about the length of time recovery may take, it's bloody sore at times I know that much and to be honest I thought I'd be back on my feet by now.
Ben flies out this week I was quite worried as to how I would manage but am feeling more confident now, the kids think the crutches are cool and Little Bear calls them rails, Ed shoots things with them and  I want to throw them at the wall sometimes.  I'm thankful however that Ben has been home and that it happened at the end of the run and that I'm able to drive and hop around usually pain free, it's not permanent and I will run again soon.
 Also I have destroyed another phone and have no house phone it will be 2-3 weeks before Telstra can hook me up with another phone as they're only distributing the new model that they've run out of.  So I'm not making much contact lately but am checking facebook and emails and your welcome to drop by, just ignore the mess!!  xx

No comments:

Post a Comment