Wednesday 31 October 2012

Lately.....

This past week I've felt like Dorothy from the wizard of Oz and I've been for a ride in the house in the tornado and  CRASH!......I've recently landed again.........
Holidays are over, Fun run is over,  my phone has died , Ben has flown out, Kids have been sooo out of routine with holidays and daddy home and now the sun is going to bed later!!! and did I mention the crutches!?
I need to get my groove back!
This arvo the children were very "emotionally unstable" and  hungry and it seemed to be dinner time and so I just started cooking and we ate and  cleaned up and played out side for a little before bath time and then I checked the clock because recently I've assumed it was 7ish only to realise it was 9ish (and thus the emotionally unstable children!")  It was 4.50pm!!!  What had I done! It felt so right! Dinner was like afternoon tea and it wasn't going to be dark for another three hours!!!
This is me lately....Hopping around in a daze, routines out the window, everything taking 5 times longer to do, I've been a terrible friend, I was terrified when the tsunami warning went out to the Hawaii Islands where my parents are staying and I've been forced to take things a little slower or to do less actually.
The girls have a day at the farm for kinder tomorrow and I should be getting their lunches organised however I cannot be bothered and that means chaos tomorrow most likely but these crutches are wearing me out.....Seriously I had no idea the effort involved in hopping around all day and having to rethink the way in which I do most things eg,  Hmmm I've just successfully been to the fruit store, the children helped me by carrying a basket each, the staff brought the box of produce out to the car for me and of we went.  Arriving home sore and tired with three hungry children I wondered to myself how do I get the BOX of fruit and veggies up the steps and into the kitchen!?  I will do a post on this latest accessory of mine and some handy tips in the future.
Recently I did a post and  it was quite mmmm raw or real.  It made me edit it 5 times and question whether it was to personal, to inward,  also I had not planned it to take on the path that it did I had began writing with something else in mind and took a wrong turn.  I've still not published it and perhaps it's not that big a deal to others but to me its admitting a flaw of mine that I am quite aware of and is taking a lot of work for me to get over and accept.  I hope to be brave and publish it I've given it a lot of thought and this blog is based on honesty in the hope that it might help others or inspire them and also it's a record for my children who knows what's around the corner.....They will have this.
That's not to say that I publish everything, there are personal things that are kept close to my heart and our little family and these obviously affect me emotionally, the emotions I'm happy to write about.
So what else, I'm feeling tired and so will finish up but I am missing training with the girls and running.  Yesterday Ed and I took a milkshake and iced coffee break at the park by the lake and while we were slurping Ed looked at me and asked "Can we go for a run Mum?"  "Oh I would love to" I replied while pointing to my leg, so chuffed that he is missing our "thing" as much as me.
The other quick thing before I crash is last night I bought a Magnum ice cream (I've not had a nightly binge since the sugar challenge) and I ate it all, these things are huge and sweet and chocolaty and it was okay, I couldn't finish it, but did and wondered to my self what have I done! Anyhow Good night Sleep tight. xx



No comments:

Post a Comment