Wednesday 21 November 2012

A little bit of lately.....

Sunny for a day or two and then fireplace roaring, t-shirts and sunscreen and than chicken  soup cooking on the stove.  Yes summer is teasing us although we are all hopeful that it shall soon be lovely and warm....regularly.
 Christmas to do lists are on fire.  Last year I made a recycled fabric wreath for our door and I received some lovely feedback and so this year I'm sewing an advent calendar and also some Christmas tree decorations, I will take some photo's once they're under way!  I've also  started Christmas shopping and I'm sticking to a budget this year, does anybody else find that once they start they cannot stop?!!  We have a lot of social commitments of late which is fun and keeps us busy until Ben returns home, also a kinder concert in a couple of weeks and Saturday is the girls Ballet recital which I'm more excited about than them...almost.
 The kids, myself and my Dad went to a Christmas Fete on Sunday, a beautiful day so relaxing, the kids overdosed on sugar and played with the animals and rode go-carts Eddy was deliberately trying to clip the edge of the witches hat  with the wheel of the go-cart and while concentrating so hard on lining it up he rode over everything in his path including the attendant and most of the inflatable boundary.  The entire crowd was in hysterics while my  little boy caused complete chaos on the track.  I had a few photo's to upload of the day however my computer decided the images were not video or photo and could not be uploaded.
My leg update is so so, I was beginning to feel as though  I'd been beaten  by the pain, I was having to take painkillers twice a day for 5 days and this was upsetting me sooo much, I'm definitely a "let your body fight it" type of girl I even managed to birth my beautiful boy without any assistance.  Mum suggested a tubey thing (it's like a tight bandage) and blow me down it works, no more sharp pain or throbbing, no more waking at 4am no more crying while doing the dishes (a crazy day and painful and then the dog ate two more of our pet chickens!)  Yep I was losing that battle for a while, point being listen to your Mums!!
We are all well and happy though looking after each other and feeling quite inspired by the (slow) change in seasons, I'm trying to do little bits and pieces in the garden and dreaming of Christmas feasts and creative nibbles for all of those picnics and drinks in the summery future!  We are yet to build our mud kitchen in the garden, once my leg heals there are many things I'd like to catch up on but meanwhile being forced to slow down and sew (for example) is really, really good for me and almost what I've needed. xx




No comments:

Post a Comment