Sunday 25 November 2012

My Little Ballerina's.....

Yesterday Scarlett and Lily had their Ballet Recital, It's their second year at ballet and last year Lil was very upset and frightened at the prospect of being dropped of at the theatre without mama (this is surprising as Lil is usually quite brave in these situations and Scarlett freaks out) anyway this year my girls and all of the littlies were so excited, they had so many questions,  there was so much noise and anticipation "do we go up yet Miss?"  "Excuse me, when can we put this (bright red lipstick) on?"  (only one little sweetie attempted this herself) and  yes I got called Miss and Renee and Mum!??  I just loved it it's such an exciting day, these little angels are so brave and cute and the older girls are so beautiful and nurturing as they pop down to admire the cuteness, taffeta and make-up everywhere amongst the 4 & 5 year olds.
I am most definitely "one of those Mums" although I'm modest out loud, inside I am bursting at the seams!!!  I've never been so proud seeing my baby girls so excited and independent for a moment as they go out on stage.  It's their thing, we as Mama's  only watch them at the end of each term on viewing day so its very exciting for the families to see the big performance.  I have tears in my eyes each and every time I watch them dance if I was alone those tears would wet my face.  
My sister in law is a dancer and my mother in law was very involved and adored the ballet as do I and so it's a family thing for us also, I know my beautiful mother in law watches these little angels from heaven with a proud tear in her eye.
Ands so now we enjoy a break from buns and tutu's, they will be replaced with bathers, salty hair and tanned skin.  xx   




No comments:

Post a Comment