Sunday 23 September 2012

Beginnings and Endings

8am last week driving along to kinder chatting about ballet concerts and plans for the day and I realize I cannot keep my eyes on the road.  I'm scanning either side my heart beating faster each time I notice a dark shadow or log in the long grass.  Suddenly in between Ballet something and  "do we have snacks?" tears begin falling....Will Heid's make back it home?......
Turning Julia up on the radio to drown out my sniffles I continue driving and searching, a part of me saying "this is ridiculous" and the other saying "she has to come back she cannot of just gone!?"....
I remember the morning Ben brought that cute little puppy home to our little rental at Ocean Grove, a tiny little black puppy quite unexpected yet instant love, our little family of one dog now becoming two.  It was quickly decided that her name be Heidi, she was always hiding in funny places.  That seems so long ago, before children, weddings and mortgages.  Our time then was divided between working long hours, surfing and dreaming with our black smiling dogs all while being in love. 
So so much has changed since then our dreams are becoming our reality and we are growing older and wiser, that life and lifestyle along with our beautiful dogs are now happy memories that we share.  It was mine and Ben's beginnings and those beautiful dogs that shared it are now loving memories too....x












No comments:

Post a Comment