Monday 3 September 2012

Sunny Days

Happy Fathers day (for yesterday)  to all of the dads out there.
 We had a beautiful sunshine filled day at home spent with my Dad, Sister and brother in law and of course my three cuties (unfortunately Mum and Ben were at work).  We enjoyed a light lunch, bush walk, lots of catching up and the kids played very excitedly with Aunty Laura and Auncle Sam, everything from Barbies and throwing rocks into the dam to an hours play on the Trampoline while dad and I tackled the lawns.  We finished of the day with scones jam and cream.  Its these moments that Ben and I cherish, it's why we bought our block of land, we can come home and chillout, no need to be entertained, you can wonder and be with your thoughts or laugh as loud and excitedly as your lungs will allow and its okay.
 Scarlett and I planted some seeds in the veggie garden earlier, Spring onions, Cos, Rocket lettuce and Carrot seeds and we noticed our Radish seeds are beginning to pop through, we're all very excited by this and are hoping to improve on last years "beginners" crop or lack of.  The chickens are also looking well, Poodles the black fluffy one should resume laying soon and Neville the rooster is looking glorious and shiny strutting his stuff around the yard, we shall  be purchasing some new chicks in the coming weeks to replace those we lost last year.
I'm hoping everyone has had a marvelous week we were luckily enough to, of course welcoming Spring with open arms was easy and glorious, we felt the need to celebrate with french toast and berries (Miss S couldn't believe we were eating "french" food, exclaiming  that we were eating what people in other countries are eating!.....adorable), and of course celebrating the arrival of a new bub...ahhh. Also this week our car has been (unexpectedly) at the mechanics the past week and although I was heavily disappointed to miss training and  meet my little niece it has been a wonderful sunny week to stay at home and hangout.  Speaking of training as well as  missing Wednesdays session I missed today's run, I have done some core training (of which I'm supposed to be doing every 3rd day at least...oooops!), It's another challenge I'm taking part in through Fitness Food and Style although  I haven't given it 100% I'm probably managing 3 work-outs a week however it's not the complete Killer Core and Cardio routine that Jackie at Crabtree fitness organised for us .  I want to take this seriously and I will hopefully get back on track by allocating specific time for this.
Two other challenges that  I'd mentioned in earlier posts were the sugar challenge and also to cut down on my spending. I managed the latter quite sucesfully  and I'm enthusiastic to keep going  although  a change in the season means a change in wardrobe!  The Sugar Challenge was a great success and I'm now reaping the following benefits:

 1.  My energy levels are balanced, I'm no longer falling in a heap at 6.30pm and no longer having "tired and         grumpy" moments
2.  I'm going to bed earlier each night.
3.  I'm falling asleep without a struggle.
4.  I've created healthier eating habits.
5. Am generally more energetic which was ultimatley my goal!!
Good night and Happy Spring to you all. x




No comments:

Post a Comment