Monday 24 September 2012

Weekend thoughts...

School holidays Hooray!!  Our plans these holidays have already flown out the window and the weekend has flown buy in a haze of pain killers and pureed soup.
 My beautiful man is home and it's been lovely although I feel guilty as I've really done nothing accept stare at the fridge and drop my lip.  I've been a hermit since Thursday night and am beginning to feel blaa...  I think this afternoon will be a trip to the veggie shop and then hire a dvd for tonight.  Two more sleeps until Ben returns to work and it is quite normal for me to start feeling quietly anxious and regretful (Did we do enough?  Did I tell Ben I love him enough?  Did I put in enough effort?  Are there any jobs that need doing?  How will I cope when I wake and he's gone?) Yes, Yes,  Yes, One and same as usual snap out of it and ENJOY it Jodes!
 Tomorrow we are meeting friends at the Werribee Open Range Zoo it shall be a fun day,  fresh air and smiles and hopefully  undisrupted sunshine.  I'm really looking forward to it lots of holding hands and kids yelling out in delight also we will hopefully have time to visit my new niece and sisters on the way home.
  For now though the children are with Daddy out on the newest addition to our home, the Tyre swing!!  Its creating a lot of laughter in our backyard at the moment even though when I look out there from the deck I can see the empty Chook pen...sob sob...another job for the school holidays after I accept our loss.  I am such a sook, I know.  Any how the tyre swing is attached to a very very long rope from a very very high tree and gets A LOT of air!!  We actually had to chop another tree to allow for this massive air!!
In the cracked jaw department I've had no Pain Killers today and I managed to chew very carefully three piklets and they were amazing, overdosed in Maple Syrup and cream (I had no luck chewing strawberries) and even my husband commented on how good they were...No sugar honey, woo hoo!!

 To make them the children threw in half a bowl of Wholemeal Plain flour (say 4 cups), 2 tsp Bi-Carb, 3 tblsp Chia seeds, 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1 Vanilla bean, Two eggs and milk  (roughly 2 1/2cups) until a nice consistency.  Yummo quick and easy lemon squeezey!xx





No comments:

Post a Comment