Saturday 1 September 2012

Spring has Sprung!

I never mean't to have such a break in between posts and I've never felt stuck for anything to say in this blog so far, until recently....I think I was just quietly content, enjoying a comfortable silence.
Ben is of course back at work and we enjoyed such a warm sunny day one of three in the past weeks, blossom on the trees, our radish seedlings are sprouting, the birds are singing every morning, the sun...oh that glorious sun I LOVE YOU! and most recently and so excitingly I have a new niece Malia!!!  I'm so so excited and what a perfect time of year to be born, she is one day old today.
 Love Spring and also Summer, Autumn and Winter the beginning of a new season means change to our eating, style and activities, it changes our perspectives on our surroundings, living in the bush amongst the gumtrees I love to watch the changing colours and textures around us It's so inspiring to me and definately puts a smile on my dial.
This morning the kids have played tea sets, cubby's and block cities with basket/pipe cleaner semi trailers carting the blocks around the house.  I love seeing them play in this way and I'm so excited that my niece Iluka now has a best buddy to grow and play with, you just cannot beat it...joy.
 This afternoon the children and I are going to get muddy in the garden, there is SOO much to do out there but rather than get frazzled I will look beyond the overgrown grass, felled trees that need stacking and sticks and bark to be raked and I will do little by little and enjoy the fresh air and beautiful surroundings.  Another mission we have in the garden is to fill up the sand pit and improve the kids play area with a swing, mud kitchen and gravel pit for the trucks...we will get there.  I will post photo's of before and after, am yet to improve my skills in those areas, I shall one day have beautifully shot photo's with amazing light and juxtaposed objects!

No comments:

Post a Comment